We are pleased to introduce our full day wound closure course which is suitable for all registered staff who work within a variety of clinical areas including Minor Injuries Units, Urgent Treatment Centres, Emergency Department or Pre-Hospital Care for which wound closure is a component of their role. This course will introduce candidates to the skills and knowledge required to assess, manage and close a variety of wounds using wound closure strips, skin adhesive and staples as well as suturing.
This course is suitable for the following clinical grades.
- Ambulance Technician (e.g. FREC5, Associate Ambulance Practitioner, IHCD Ambulance Technician or equivalent qualification).
- Student Healthcare Professionals on a recognised course of study at a minimum of year 2.
- Registered Healthcare Professionals (i.e. you have a current GMC, NMC, GPHC, HCPC or GDC Pin number).
For all other clinical grades please contact us in the first instance to check your eligibility.
This course covers a range of content including:
- Wound Assessment
- Anatomy and Physiology of Wound and Wound Healing
- Specialty Referrals
- Wound Closure Methods including wound closure strips, skin adhesive, stapling and suturing.
This course is delivered as a face to face course over the course of half a day.
There is no assessment for this course, however participants are expected to participate throughout the course. course is an attendance only course
Certificate and Validity
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued following your attendance at this course.
Note: Completion of this course does not constitute a “licence to practice”. While the course will give you the skills required to undertake wound closure, it is down to your employer (i.e. the organisation that you wish to use these skills within) to ensure they have the correct governance and insurances in place for you to undertake the wound closure. This course has however been widely recognised by a number of employers across the NHS and Private and Independent Sectors.