The QNUK Level 2 Award in Manual Handling of Loads at Work is for those at work that require an understanding of the hazards associated with manual handling and how these can best be avoided. The programme is typically delivered over a day. The assessment includes practical elements as well as the knowledge element found in the QNUK Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling at Work.
This course is delivered over one day as a face to face course.
This qualification is available to those over 14 years. Learners should be at least at level 1 numeracy and literacy or equivalent. Learners should be physically capable of undertaking practical elements
This course covers a range of content including:
- Understand the reasons for Safer Handling
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment’s
- Understand the principles of Safer Handling including the types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety.
- Safe Manual Handling Principles
For this course learners are required to undertake an invigilated MCQ paper, and observed practical tasks which must be passed in order to complete the course.
Learners must have sufficient command of the English language to understand and undertake the recommended assessment methods for this qualification and it is strongly recommended that learners should be working at level 1 and above.
Certificate and Validity
Upon completion of the course including the submission and approval by QNUK of the relevant course paperwork, candidates will receive a certificate which is valid for a period of three years.
Learners may progress onto the following qualifications:
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Principles of Workplace Risk Assessment (RQF)