This engaging and interactive course has been created for parents, grandparents and anyone caring for babies and young children so that they can respond promptly and effectively to any first aid incident or emergency as well as giving advice on how to manage common childhood illnesses and conditions.
This course covers a range of content including:
- understand the role and responsibilities of the first-aider
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- Help a baby or child who is choking
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- Help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
- Help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
- Help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
- Help a baby or child with an eye injury
- Help a baby or child with a bite or sting
- Help a baby or child having: an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions
- Put together appropriate contents for a first aid box
This course is delivered online and can be completed flexibly around your work and home commitments. Learners should aim to complete this course however within 9 months.
For this course you will have self checks after each section of the course and a short end of course multiple choice assessment.
Certificate and Validity
Once you have completed and passed this course you can download and/or print your certificate.