This interactive and comprehensive online course provides an awareness of fire safety in early years settings and is suitable for all staff working in school, nursery and childminding settings.
It has been developed in line with national fire safety legislation and Ofsted guidelines for early years settings and is mapped to Level 2 on the RQF.
This course covers a range of content including:
- The importance of Fire Safety
- Fire Safety requirements in Early Years settings
- Fire Risk Assessment
- The Main Causes of Fire
- How fire starts – The Fire Triangle
- Heat / ignition sources and managing them safely
- Electrical Equipment
- Fuel sources and managing them safely
- How fire spreads
- Fire Hazards – how fire harms you
- Controlling Fire
- Fire Safety Procedures
- Role and Responsibilities of the Fire Marshal
- Practising Fire Drills
This course is delivered online and can be completed flexibly around your work and home commitments. Learners should aim to complete this course however within 9 months.
For this course you will have self checks after each section of the course and a short end of course multiple choice assessment.
Certificate and Validity
Once you have completed and passed this course you can download and/or print your certificate.