We are pleased to introduce our cannulation course which is suitable for all staff from a variety of settings for whose role would require undertaking cannulation. This course will introduce candidates to the skills and knowledge required to undertake this procedure. This course can also be used as a skills refresher for staff who wish to refresh and update their knowledge and skills
This course is suitable for the following clinical grades.
- Healthcare Support Worker or Emergency Care Support Worker.
- Assistant Practitioners or Registered Nursing Associates
- Ambulance Technician (e.g. FREC5, Associate Ambulance Practitioner, IHCD Ambulance Technician or equivalent qualification).
- Student Healthcare Professionals on a recognised course of study at a minimum of year 2.
- Registered Healthcare Professionals (i.e. you have a current GMC, NMC, GPHC, HCPC or GDC Pin number).
For all other clinical grades please contact us in the first instance to check your eligibility.
This course covers a range of content including:
- Scope of Practice including legal and ethical considerations
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Aseptic Non-Touch Technique
- Insertion of an Intravenous Cannula
- Management of an IV Cannula
This course is delivered as a face to face course over the course of half a day.
There is no assessment for this course, however participants are expected to participate throughout the course. course is an attendance only course
Certificate and Validity
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued following your attendance at this course.
Note: Completion of this course does not constitute a “licence to practice”. While the course will give you the skills required to undertake this clinical skill, it is down to your employer (i.e. the organisation that you wish to use these skills within) to ensure they have the correct governance and insurances in place for you to undertake the procedure. This course has however been widely recognised by a number of employers across the NHS and Private and Independent Sectors.