This qualification is aimed at employees in any industry or sector and is suitable for managers and team members alike. With an increase in poor mental health it is important that individuals understand their own mental health and how common mental health concerns can be identified in themselves and others. Learners will develop knowledge of a range of mental health conditions, potential impacts on an individual in the workplace and where to refer them for help and support. Learners will hold a mental health conversation with the aim of providing support. This qualification gives learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
This course is delivered over two days as a face to face course.
This qualification is aimed at those over 18.
Due to the language of the assessment, it is recommended that learners have sufficient command of the English language in order to understand the assessment and to undertake the recommended assessment methods.
This course covers a range of content including:
- Common Mental Health Disorders
- Recognition of the causes and impact of stress
- Recognition of the causes and impact of common mental health conditions.
- Recognition and support of individuals with a personality disorder
- Recognition and support of individuals with Psychosis
- Understanding harmful strategies to cope with a mental health disorder
- Recognition and support of an individual in suicidal crisis
- How to support an individual with a mental health condition
- Legal requirements for managing mental health in the workplace
For this course learners are required to undertake an invigilated MCQ paper or through the completion of a workbook at the end of the course.
Learners must have sufficient command of the English language to understand and undertake the recommended assessment methods for this qualification and it is strongly recommended that learners should be working at level 2 English literacy.
Certificate and Validity
Upon completion of the course including the submission and approval by QNUK of the relevant course paperwork, candidates will receive a certificate which is valid for a period of three years.