Our Wound Closure Course is suitable for all staff who work within a variety of clinical areas including Minor Injuries Units, Urgent Treatment Centres, Emergency Department or Pre-Hospital Care for which wound closure is a component of their role. This course will introduce candidates to the skills and knowledge required to assess, manage and close a variety of wounds using wound closure strips, skin adhesive and staples.
This course is suitable for the following clinical grades.
- FREC3 / First Responders & above.
- Associate Ambulance Practitioners (AAP) & trainees,
- Ambulance technicians/Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT),
- Emergency care assistants (ECA),
- Emergency Care Support Workers (ECSW),
- Operating Department Practitioners (ODP),
- Year 1 student Paramedics & above,
- Registered Healthcare Professionals (i.e. you have a current GMC, NMC, GPHC, HCPC or GDC Pin number).
This course covers a range of content including:
- Wound Assessment
- Anatomy and Physiology of Wound and Wound Healing
- Specialty Referrals
- Wound Closure Methods including wound closure strips, skin adhesive and stapling.
This course is delivered as a face to face course over the course of half a day.
There is no assessment for this course, however participants are expected to participate throughout the course. course is an attendance only course
Certificate and Validity
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued following your attendance at this course.
Note: Completion of this course does not constitute a “licence to practice”. While the course will give you the skills required to undertake wound closure, it is down to your employer (i.e. the organisation that you wish to use these skills within) to ensure they have the correct governance and insurances in place for you to undertake the wound closure. This course has however been widely recognised by a number of employers across the NHS and Private and Independent Sectors.